Temporary tattoos – lasting allergy
But few are those who really estimate the risk they are taking.
We must not forget that a temporary tattoos is applied directly on the children’s skin and are made to stay from 5 to 7 days, leaving time to the components tu spread up in the tissues. Therefore, a temporary tattoo must not be considered as a simple sticker but as a product which has to respond to the requirements of the cosmetic industry’s standards.
During the 20th world congress of dermatology that took place from the 1st to the 5th of July 2002 in Paris, Dr Martine Vigan, dermatologist at the CHU besançon, has sounded the alarm on this risk. In the composition of some temporary tattoos, we can find Paraphenylenediamine, which provoques late allergies. The result: the tattooed zone swells, turns red and itches. Even more serious, this allergy can lead to a long term hypersensitizing.
Some of the inks that are used to print some bad quality temporary tattoo, especially in Asia, contains CRM substances (carcinogenic).
How to be certain the temporary tattoos your company will distribute are 100% safe for children? That they won’t contain toxic componenents which could provoque allergies, eczema or worst…Cancer?
Without talking in depth of the horribly complicated chimicals components of the inks, we will tell you in brief the details you have to check to be sure of the tattoo quality:
* It’s strongly advised that on the back of the tattoos appears the components of the tattoo. If your provider doesn’t want to provide them, it might mean that it contains toxical tenors. Example of the components: Vinyl Acetate, Butyl Acrylate, Methacrylic Acid Polymer, Propylene Glycol, Petrolatum, Linseed Oil, Soybean Oil, Mineral Oil, Iron Oxides (C.I. 77499), Blue #1 Aluminum Lake (C.I. 42090:2), Yellow #5 Aluminum Lake(C.I. 19140:1), Yellow #6 Aluminum Lake (C.I. 15985:1), Red #7 Calcium Lake (C.I. 15850:1), Titanium Dioxide (C.I. 77891) Those are the components that will be present in the final product which will be applied on the skin. and NOT the ink’s ingredients which can contain some solvents that disapear at the drying phase.
* Some printers will try to reassure you saying that their tattoos meets the requirements of the European Norms but unfortunately, this doesn’t guarantee anything. So be careful. The temporary tattoo is a cosmetic product and must meet the cosmetic norms, otherwise you will be taking important risks. Be careful with printers who are using silkscreen printing as dermatologists have doubts about the inks conformity. Other will assure you that risk exist only with Henna tattoos.
* The first documents you must ask for are the FDA certifications of the inks and the adhesive. Do not buy temporary tattoos if you dindn’t receive those documents. You are going to distribute the tattoos and you will be legally responsible toward the final consumer. Imagine what could cost a compensation for hyper-sensitisation for life!
* Another obligatory document to ask for: a copy of the RIPT and TUSD tests. those tests are made to a sample group of 100 people and will determine if there is a risk of late allergies. Your provider must be able to provide those tests.
* With the above mentioned documents, you are sure of the toxicological quality of the product. Companies specialized in cosmetic will always ask you for more guaranties as for examples MSDS certifications or a guarantee of the absence of animal origin ingredients.
* A last advise regarding the quality of the tattoo itself. Many printers in Europe or in Asia use a very broad coat of adhesive. The consequence is that the tattoo will go prematurely rubbing or leave marks on your clothes. A good quality tattoos lasts 5 to 7 days on the skin.
To summarize, when you are about to confirm an order of temporary tattoos, you must ask the FDA certifications, RIPT and TUSD. E.
If one of those documents is missing, you might be taking a risk!
Some manufacturers or providers will try to convince you saying that some big brands already bought them some tattoos or that they meet the EU requirements but it is no guarantee at all!
The PPIBLOG recommand :
Their products meet all the above requirements !
Add a comment
login to add a comment : LOGIN
- realash | I blog often and I really thank you for ...
- clear poly bags | Goood day! I could have ssworn I've ...
- latest apple iphone games | Hey There. I found your weblog the usage...
- Crystal | Hi there, You have done an incredible ...
- Mark | These are very cool, stylish and ...
- Estrategias de Comunicacion | Appreciating the commitment you put into...
- Tara | Hey I am so grateful I found your site, ...
- opinion | You’re so awesome! I don’t think I...
- purchase garcinia cambogia weight loss | Heya i am for the primary time here. I ...
- oxygenpromotions | Promotional products, like most forms of...